A new Synchron authorised representative has entered the market today, launching an advice practice focused specifically on clients in the medical profession.
MediBroker has been launched by Synchron adviser Aaron Zelman, who is also the founder of LifeScope Advice, and aims to cater to the under-tapped client base of doctors.
“Medical practitioners have very particular financial needs and they have largely been neglected as a client base,” he told ifa.
“In many ways doctors are ideal clients as by and large they are high net worth individuals and are open to investment, but they also have occupation-specific risk insurance and superannuation needs.”
Zelman previously practiced with an Apogee-licenced business, where many of his clients worked in the medical profession, giving him exposure to their particular financial needs and allowing him to develop a specific “value proposition that makes sense to doctors”.
Based in Collins Street, Melbourne, Zelman will initially be the sole adviser in the practice but aims to expand in the future.
He says the nature of his licensee has made the launch feasible.
“Because Synchron is not institutionally owned I feel it allows me more discretion and control over my practice, which suits the clients I am hoping to work with,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all