The Association of Financial Advisers’ Inspire initiative has received positive responses from female advisers, with some saying 'it’s about time'.
Deborah Kent, director and financial planner at Integra Financial Services, who is chair of the Inspire program, told ifa the reaction from the marketplace has been “terrific.”
“The AFA is meeting market needs by putting this program together to really encourage women to be the best they can,” she said.
“It gives women in financial services the tools, the encouragement and the support they need to get to where they want to be.”
Dianne Charman, director of Jade Financial Group and a financial adviser, told ifa women have been wanting to address gender balances in the industry for “some time.”
“I’ve been in the industry for a long and time and I’ve seen bits and pieces done, but Inspire is a very collaborative across the board,” she said.
“I’m really pleased that we finally have a platform to recognise, encourage and empower women to seek advice, be advisers and be involved in the financial planning industry. It’s just unique,” she added.
Kent said men across the industry have also responded well, with some joining Inspire’s LinkedIn group.
“We are really encouraging males to support the Inspire program. We want men to see what they can provide for women in their business,” she said.
The Inspire initiative aims to connect and support females from across the financial advice industry, by offering career development support, networking, coaching, mentoring and leadership initiatives
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all