AMP Financial Services has named Paul Robertson as Genesys Wealth Advisers' managing director.
Mr Robertson was previously the chief executive of Tynan Mackenzie, and assisted with that group's integration into AMP-aligned dealer group ipac late last year, before joining the ipac leadership group.
Before joining Tynan Mackenzie, Mr Robertson held a position at AXA Financial Advice Network as national manager, and led AXA Financial Planning.
"Since joining the group in 2003, Paul has enjoyed a distinguished career and earned a reputation as a very capable and results-focused leader," AMP director, financial advice network Andrew Waddell said.
In his new role, Mr Robertson will be focused on rolling out the company's revised value proposition, Genesys Evolution.
He will also directly report to Mr Waddell when he takes up the position on January 21.
AMP has said that Mr Robertson's appointment, replacing the current Genesys managing director, John Saint, demonstrates the company's strategic succession planning.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all