MLC is renewing its focus on the group insurance sector with the recruitment of pricing actuaries, insurance product experts and relationship managers who have extensive institutional client experience.
MLC Life Insurance chief customer officer for group insurance, Suzanne Smith, says the expansion of the group insurance team will complement the existing experience within the business.
“We’re thrilled to have such high-calibre industry professionals join our existing strong team, as we increase our focus on group insurance,” Ms Smith said in a statement.
“Our ability to attract such great external talent is testament to our plans to broaden and deepen our servicing of corporate and industry funds.”
Ms Smith has made several changes to the group insurance team since taking charge in November last year. She appointed Stephen Sefton as head of product and strategy and expanded the portfolio of MLC’s head of sales and relationships, corporate and industry funds, Joe Thompson, to include sales and relationship management activities.
Other recent new hires include the appointments of Michael Shagrin as senior relationship manager of corporate and industry funds, Jenny Liu as pricing manager, Megan Clements as strategic products manager, Sean Potter as senior relationship manager and Matt Lang as senior manager of transformation.
“The recent acquisition of 80 per cent shares of MLC Limited, by the Nippon Life Insurance Company, the eighth largest life insurer in the world, presents us with the opportunity to invest and grow,” Ms Smith said.
“With this expanded team in place, we are in a very strong position to deepen our existing partnerships with our customers and expand our industry fund portfolio.”
MLC Life Insurance announced last month it would expand distribution of its direct-to-consumer life insurance product via NAB’s 760 branches.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all