ASIC confirms Endeavour, Linchpin wind up
The corporate regulator has confirmed orders from the Federal Court of Australia of the liquidation of Endeavour Securities and Linchpin Capital Group after it contravened multiple provisions of the Corporations Act.
The statement from ASIC confirms reports from ifa last week that Linchpin had agreed to orders around its troubled Investport Income Opportunity Fund.
At the closing of ASIC’s evidence in court, Endeavour and Linchpin agreed to the declarations of contravention and the liquidation of both companies and both funds, ASIC said.
ASIC said the findings of contraventions include:
- That Endeavour in its role as responsible entity:
- did not act in the best interests of the members of the registered scheme known as the Investport Income Opportunity Fund;
- failed to ensure that the financial services it provided were provided efficiently and fairly;
- failed to exercise reasonable care and skill as responsible entity;
- engaged in related party transactions without member approval; and
- failed to identify to Investport Income Opportunity Fund investors, the nature and extent of the related party transactions that were entered into.
- That Linchpin:
- operated an unlawful managed investment scheme;
- operated without an Australian Financial Services Licence; and
- engaged in conduct that was likely to mislead or deceive.
In making the orders, Justice Derrington stated, “Given the length and breadth of the non-compliances with the act, there is more than sufficient justification for the winding up of both companies.”
ASIC also confirmed ifa reports that Jason Tracy and David Orr from Deloitte have been appointed as liquidators, and that investors and creditors should direct their enquiries to [email protected].
‘Safe harbour’ loopholes flagged in conflicted advice
Advisers have been warned of ‘safe harbour’ loopholes that fail to protect c...
SuperConcepts aims to innovate advice discussion
AMP subsidiary SuperConcepts will create a new research and development lab aime...
Lifespan hires national practice manager
Non-aligned advice licensee Lifespan Financial Planning has appointed a new nati...