Suncorp to drop brands; ASIC gets robo-advice warning; former Westpac firm finds new home and more.
Suncorp to drop brands in simplification move
In an effort to simplify the business, Suncorp has announced an new operating model which will see the company build connections between its divisions as well as drop a few brands.
Stockspot warns ASIC of 'rogue' robo-advisers
Robo-adviser Stockspot is calling on ASIC to apply the same rules to both face-to-face and automated advice, saying it has come across several "rogue" providers in the industry.
FOFA politician joins Map My Plan board
Fintech company Map My Plan has announced that former Labor federal politician Bernie Ripoll has joined its board as a director.
AdviceIQ picks up former Westpac firm
A financial advice business formerly licensed by Westpac has become the 7th firm to join non-aligned dealer group AdviceIQ Partners.
Court rejects former AMP adviser plea
ANZ will launch its new Grow Wrap solution next Monday, aimed at catering to changing needs of its advisers and their clients.
CommInsure appoints firms for independent reviews
CommInsure has appointed two independent experts to assess ethical concerns and whether the insurer appropriately declined past life insurance claims.
@IFA_AU Shouldn't the client be deciding who is and isn't "independent"? Other banks are doing a better job at this.— Plenary Wealth (@Plenary_Wealth) May 24, 2016
DomaCom creates new purchase strategy for Kidman
Crowdfunder DomaCom has teamed up with a business brokerage with more than 30 years' experience in a renewed effort to acquire iconic Kidman Station.
Elders names new state practice manager
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- view all