Growing dealer group MyPlanner Australia has recruited a multi-state advice practice from TAL-owned Affinia Financial Advisers as it looks continue its expansion in 2015.
Jade Wealth Solutions has officially joined the MyPlanner group, having formerly been authorised by Affinia, according to ASIC documents.
The advice firm has four full-time financial advisers across two offices in Sydney and the Gold Coast along with a “dedicated client service team”, MyPlanner managing director Philippa Sheehan told ifa.
Jade Wealth principal James Fraser was also a member of Affinia’s adviser council, according to a post on the Jade Wealth website.
Ms Sheehan indicated that MyPlanner’s lack of ties to product providers and its outcomes-based advice philosophy were drawcards for the new recruit.
“I am very pleased that we were able to offer to Jade Wealth the independent licensing solutions that they were after,” Ms Sheehan said.
“With MyPlanner focusing on objective-based advice and strategies offered by planners, this mirrored the style of advice that Jade Wealth provides to their clients.”
MyPlanner Australia now has over 120 authorised representatives, a number of which were formerly with Custom Wealth Solutions before its demise in 2014.
MyPlanner was formerly known as SMSF Partners, officially changing its name in June 2014.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018‘No advisers have been mistreated’: DalyBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Beacon advisers held ‘ransom’ while IIOF money remains missingBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 20 Sep 2018Government beefs up ASIC capabilitiesBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Labor super gender gap proposals meet FSC approvalBy Adrian Flores
- view all