A leaked email has confirmed that the former authorised representatives of collapsed dealer group Custom Wealth Solutions have moved to a new AFSL.
In a letter to CWS authorised representatives dated 7 July – seen by ifa – appointed receiver Geoff Davis of BCR Advisory explained that the deal with licensee SMSF Partners is now official.
“By agreement entered into today, SMSF Partners Pty Ltd has acquired the right to bring the [CWS] dealers under its own AFS licence,” the letter states.
“Amongst other things, this transfers you to the SMSF Partners insurance, support and training services and the like.”
ifa understands that SMSF Partners is trading as MyPlanner Australia.
CWS went into external receivership in June, reportedly following a personal dispute between its directors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 Sep 2018Accountants continue battle for advice spaceBy Adrian Flores
- 24 Sep 2018Netwealth recruits former BT managerBy Reporter
- 20 Sep 2018Independent advice will prosper but must be paid for: LovedayBy James Mitchell
- 21 Sep 2018Former ASFA policy advisor to boost FPA ranksBy Reporter
- 21 Sep 2018Aligned advisers in search of freedomBy Adrian Flores
- 20 Sep 2018Banned Perth adviser did not engage in dishonest conductBy James Mitchell
- view all