A leaked email has confirmed that the former authorised representatives of collapsed dealer group Custom Wealth Solutions have moved to a new AFSL.
In a letter to CWS authorised representatives dated 7 July – seen by ifa – appointed receiver Geoff Davis of BCR Advisory explained that the deal with licensee SMSF Partners is now official.
“By agreement entered into today, SMSF Partners Pty Ltd has acquired the right to bring the [CWS] dealers under its own AFS licence,” the letter states.
“Amongst other things, this transfers you to the SMSF Partners insurance, support and training services and the like.”
ifa understands that SMSF Partners is trading as MyPlanner Australia.
CWS went into external receivership in June, reportedly following a personal dispute between its directors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017Adviser ethics certification launchedBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017Banks evade FOFA, industry funds claimBy Larissa Waterson
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- view all