A leaked email has confirmed that the former authorised representatives of collapsed dealer group Custom Wealth Solutions have moved to a new AFSL.
In a letter to CWS authorised representatives dated 7 July – seen by ifa – appointed receiver Geoff Davis of BCR Advisory explained that the deal with licensee SMSF Partners is now official.
“By agreement entered into today, SMSF Partners Pty Ltd has acquired the right to bring the [CWS] dealers under its own AFS licence,” the letter states.
“Amongst other things, this transfers you to the SMSF Partners insurance, support and training services and the like.”
ifa understands that SMSF Partners is trading as MyPlanner Australia.
CWS went into external receivership in June, reportedly following a personal dispute between its directors.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Jan 2019ASIC imposes conditions on Sydney licenseeBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019FASEA locks in educational pathways policyBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019Industry fund makes advice market move with hiresBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Jan 2019ANZ pushes on with wealth sale to IOOFBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Advisers to embrace AI ahead of FASEA codeBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Jan 2019Managed Accounts shakes up senior teamBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all