A mid-tier non-institutional dealer group has had external receivers appointed, allegedly following an unresolved business dispute between its directors.
According to ASIC documents, AFSL holder Custom Wealth Solutions has entered into receivership, with receiver managers John Morgan and Geoffrey Davis of BCR Advisory appointed to the company on 11 June.
Custom Wealth Solutions director Chris Appleyard confirmed to ifa that receivers have been appointed and that the licensee’s 60-plus authorised representatives have been informed.
“I am co-operating fully with ASIC and complying with all of the set policies and procedures,” Mr Appleyard said.
“This is not the result of any complaints received or allegations of inappropriate advice.”
A source close to Custom Wealth Solutions has told ifa the receivership follows a spat between the licensee’s directors which ultimately meant “the licence could not be salvaged”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all