Mid-tier non-institutional dealer group Custom Wealth Solutions has had external receivers appointed, allegedly following an unresolved business dispute between its directors.
According to ASIC documents, AFSL holder CWS has entered into receivership, with receiver managers John Morgan and Geoffrey Davis of BCR Advisory appointed to the company on 11 June.
Custom Wealth Solutions director Chris Appleyard confirmed to ifa that receivers have been appointed and that the licensee’s 60-plus authorised representatives have been informed.
“I am co-operating fully with ASIC and complying with all of the set policies and procedures,” Mr Appleyard said.
“This is not the result of any complaints received or allegations of inappropriate advice.”
A source close to Custom Wealth Solutions has told ifa the receivership follows a spat between the licensee’s directors which ultimately meant “the licence could not be salvaged”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks Group names three new execsBy Reporter
- 19 Jun 2018Former NAB, ASIC exec approaches Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018CBA blocks access to Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018ANZ launches adviser wellness portalBy Reporter
- 18 Jun 2018IOOF Alliances launches service for self-licensed advisersBy Reporter
- view all