Former Custom Wealth Solutions boss Chris Appleyard will be working with non-aligned licensee Findex Group, consulting on specific projects.
According to a post on LinkedIn, Mr Appleyard has taken on the role of special project manager at the Findex Group, parent company of ifa Excellence Awards Dealer Group of the Year Financial Index Wealth Accountants.
Findex chief executive Spiro Paule confirmed to ifa that Mr Appleyard will be working with Findex on special projects, but made clear the former CWS boss will be providing expert consulting services and has not joined as a permanent staff member.
“I’m not overly fixated on Chris’s former business life, I came to know Chris in our mutual endeavour to get better products and services out to the market and became aware of [Appleyard-owned SMSF administrator] CleverSuper and thought there might be some application for our business,” Mr Paule said.
“I think he is a focused and highly intelligent young man and so when he got out of his other businesses we had a discussion about ways we can work together.”
CWS went into external receivership in June and had its AFSL cancelled in July.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all