Former Custom Wealth Solutions boss Chris Appleyard will be working with non-aligned licensee Findex Group, consulting on specific projects.
According to a post on LinkedIn, Mr Appleyard has taken on the role of special project manager at the Findex Group, parent company of ifa Excellence Awards Dealer Group of the Year Financial Index Wealth Accountants.
Findex chief executive Spiro Paule confirmed to ifa that Mr Appleyard will be working with Findex on special projects, but made clear the former CWS boss will be providing expert consulting services and has not joined as a permanent staff member.
“I’m not overly fixated on Chris’s former business life, I came to know Chris in our mutual endeavour to get better products and services out to the market and became aware of [Appleyard-owned SMSF administrator] CleverSuper and thought there might be some application for our business,” Mr Paule said.
“I think he is a focused and highly intelligent young man and so when he got out of his other businesses we had a discussion about ways we can work together.”
CWS went into external receivership in June and had its AFSL cancelled in July.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 10:30Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 10:46ETF industry hits record high in 2018By Reporter
- 10:26Investors place support behind FinPalBy Charbel Kadib
- 13 Jul 2018FASEA exam may disadvantage clients: ConsultantBy Miranda Brownlee
- 13 Jul 2018Industry associations respond to FASEA updateBy Killian Plastow
- 13 Jul 2018Profile Financial Services acquires regional practiceBy Reporter
- view all