Former Custom Wealth Solutions boss Chris Appleyard will be working with non-aligned licensee Findex Group, consulting on specific projects.
According to a post on LinkedIn, Mr Appleyard has taken on the role of special project manager at the Findex Group, parent company of ifa Excellence Awards Dealer Group of the Year Financial Index Wealth Accountants.
Findex chief executive Spiro Paule confirmed to ifa that Mr Appleyard will be working with Findex on special projects, but made clear the former CWS boss will be providing expert consulting services and has not joined as a permanent staff member.
“I’m not overly fixated on Chris’s former business life, I came to know Chris in our mutual endeavour to get better products and services out to the market and became aware of [Appleyard-owned SMSF administrator] CleverSuper and thought there might be some application for our business,” Mr Paule said.
“I think he is a focused and highly intelligent young man and so when he got out of his other businesses we had a discussion about ways we can work together.”
CWS went into external receivership in June and had its AFSL cancelled in July.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Oct 2017Midwinter and PractiFI announce integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Hub24 announces partnership with EurozBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017Former NZ PM joins ANZBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Oct 2017IRESS and SuiteBox announce Xplan integrationBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Oct 2017Shipton ‘most qualified’ for ASIC role: O’DwyerBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all