A former executive of an ANZ-aligned financial planning licensee has joined van Eyk to help establish the research house’s financial advice arm.
Former RI Advice chief financial officer and head of operations for ANZ’s aligned financial planning groups David Flynn has joined the van Eyk Advice network, a subsidiary of van Eyk Research, as the company prepares to “announce a foundation practice”.
“David is an experienced professional and he will resonate well with the financial advisers we wish to target,” he said.
“David will oversee the appointment and on-boarding of high quality advisers and practices which value independent investment research, want to grow and have around $100 million in funds under advice.”
Mr Flynn said van Eyk Advice "stands out as a non-aligned licensee" that offers an "attractive alternative to institutionally-owned dealer groups".
van Eyk chief executive Mark Thomas alluded to the launch of a financial planning dealer group in November 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018Former BT exec joins mortgage and financial advice groupBy Reporter
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- view all