A former executive of an ANZ-aligned financial planning licensee has joined van Eyk to help establish the research house’s financial advice arm.
Former RI Advice chief financial officer and head of operations for ANZ’s aligned financial planning groups David Flynn has joined the van Eyk Advice network, a subsidiary of van Eyk Research, as the company prepares to “announce a foundation practice”.
“David is an experienced professional and he will resonate well with the financial advisers we wish to target,” he said.
“David will oversee the appointment and on-boarding of high quality advisers and practices which value independent investment research, want to grow and have around $100 million in funds under advice.”
Mr Flynn said van Eyk Advice "stands out as a non-aligned licensee" that offers an "attractive alternative to institutionally-owned dealer groups".
van Eyk chief executive Mark Thomas alluded to the launch of a financial planning dealer group in November 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all