A former executive of an ANZ-aligned financial planning licensee has joined van Eyk to help establish the research house’s financial advice arm.
Former RI Advice chief financial officer and head of operations for ANZ’s aligned financial planning groups David Flynn has joined the van Eyk Advice network, a subsidiary of van Eyk Research, as the company prepares to “announce a foundation practice”.
“David is an experienced professional and he will resonate well with the financial advisers we wish to target,” he said.
“David will oversee the appointment and on-boarding of high quality advisers and practices which value independent investment research, want to grow and have around $100 million in funds under advice.”
Mr Flynn said van Eyk Advice "stands out as a non-aligned licensee" that offers an "attractive alternative to institutionally-owned dealer groups".
van Eyk chief executive Mark Thomas alluded to the launch of a financial planning dealer group in November 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all