A former executive of an ANZ-aligned financial planning licensee has joined van Eyk to help establish the research house’s financial advice arm.
Former RI Advice chief financial officer and head of operations for ANZ’s aligned financial planning groups David Flynn has joined the van Eyk Advice network, a subsidiary of van Eyk Research, as the company prepares to “announce a foundation practice”.
“David is an experienced professional and he will resonate well with the financial advisers we wish to target,” he said.
“David will oversee the appointment and on-boarding of high quality advisers and practices which value independent investment research, want to grow and have around $100 million in funds under advice.”
Mr Flynn said van Eyk Advice "stands out as a non-aligned licensee" that offers an "attractive alternative to institutionally-owned dealer groups".
van Eyk chief executive Mark Thomas alluded to the launch of a financial planning dealer group in November 2013.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2017Advisers key to ‘living the dream’: FPABy Staff Reporter
- 21 Aug 2017US IFA history repeats itself in AustraliaBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2017Licensees need greater scrutiny, PJC hearsBy Larissa Waterson
- 18 Aug 2017ASIC permanently bans former AMP adviserBy Staff Reporter
- 18 Aug 2017IRESS announces first half resultsBy Jessica Yun
- 18 Aug 2017Banks the key to closing advice gap, Tria saysBy Larissa Waterson
- view all