van Eyk Research has appointed Anthony Vaiente to the newly created role of manager of practice acquisitions and recruitment, to head up financial advice capabilities in Australia and New Zealand.
van Eyk chief executive Mark Thomas said the acquisition reflects the firm’s expansion into the financial advice industry.
Mr Vaiente will be responsible for building on Van Eyk’s advice capabilities across Australia and New Zealand, following acquisitions earlier this year and the launch of van Eyk Advice New Zealand and Blueprint Investment Management Limited.
He joins van Eyk with 15 years of experience in business development, merges and acquisitions of financial planning practices and planner recruitment at IPAC Securities, ANZ’s OnePath and Zurich.
The appointment of Mr Vaiente follows the recent appointment of BT portfolio manager Robert da Silva as head of manager research and deputy chief investment officer.
Mr Vaiente said he is excited about the opportunity to work for a company that has something genuinely different to offer advisers and investors.
“We can give advisers the tools, professional support and investment solutions that allow them to concentrate more on what they do best: providing quality financial advice,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Feb 2019KeyInvest reduces administration feeBy Reporter
- 22 Feb 2019ASIC praises new whistleblower lawsBy James Mitchell
- 22 Feb 2019AFA scorns Labor plan to end grandfatheringBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019Paragem appoints new general managerBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Feb 2019CountPlus announces $2.6m profit, makes key acquisitionBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Feb 2019NAB CEO given $1m payoutBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all