TAL has launched an education initiative aimed at assisting both advisers and their clients better understand the underwriting process.
In a statement, TAL general manager for health services Sally Phillips said the initiative will make the underwriting process more transparent, and help advisers and clients understand why underwriting exclusions have been applied when the clients may be eligible for an underwriting review.
“We understand that the underwriting process can be a confusing time for customers, which is why we aim to support our customers and adviser partners as best as we can by equipping them with simple, evidence-based factsheets that outline their health condition and associated risks,” Ms Phillips said.
“At the same time, this initiative recognises that TAL’s commitment to the wellbeing and health of our customers is not limited to underwriting and claim time.”
The initiative will initially focus on underwriting for musculoskeletal health problems, specifically “spine following lower back pain”, with more health conditions to be added later in 2018.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all