TAL has launched an education initiative aimed at assisting both advisers and their clients better understand the underwriting process.
In a statement, TAL general manager for health services Sally Phillips said the initiative will make the underwriting process more transparent, and help advisers and clients understand why underwriting exclusions have been applied when the clients may be eligible for an underwriting review.
“We understand that the underwriting process can be a confusing time for customers, which is why we aim to support our customers and adviser partners as best as we can by equipping them with simple, evidence-based factsheets that outline their health condition and associated risks,” Ms Phillips said.
“At the same time, this initiative recognises that TAL’s commitment to the wellbeing and health of our customers is not limited to underwriting and claim time.”
The initiative will initially focus on underwriting for musculoskeletal health problems, specifically “spine following lower back pain”, with more health conditions to be added later in 2018.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all