MetLife has appointed Gerard McDermott as its new chief strategy and customer officer, effective from today.
Mr McDermott was previously group executive for workers compensation at EML, where he oversaw the company’s compensation business line for Australia.
Prior to this, Mr McDermott has held senior roles with Westpac and Suncorp.
MetLife Australia acting chief executive officer Vince Watt said Mr McDermott’s appointment will bolster the company’s capacity.
“We’re delighted to welcome Gerard to MetLife Australia; his extensive track record driving customer-led business transformations will enable him to make a major contribution to our efforts to place our customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do,” Mr Watt said.
“We continue to strive to provide our customers with the fastest, easiest, and most caring life insurance experience, and enable them to engage more effectively with their insurance, improve their health outcomes, and navigate a rapidly changing world.”
Mr McDermott will lead the company’s strategy, project management office, customer, digital, marketing, and data functions, MetLife said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- 14 Aug 2018Hub24 agrees to distribute Challenger annuitiesBy Reporter
- view all