MetLife has appointed Gerard McDermott as its new chief strategy and customer officer, effective from today.
Mr McDermott was previously group executive for workers compensation at EML, where he oversaw the company’s compensation business line for Australia.
Prior to this, Mr McDermott has held senior roles with Westpac and Suncorp.
MetLife Australia acting chief executive officer Vince Watt said Mr McDermott’s appointment will bolster the company’s capacity.
“We’re delighted to welcome Gerard to MetLife Australia; his extensive track record driving customer-led business transformations will enable him to make a major contribution to our efforts to place our customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do,” Mr Watt said.
“We continue to strive to provide our customers with the fastest, easiest, and most caring life insurance experience, and enable them to engage more effectively with their insurance, improve their health outcomes, and navigate a rapidly changing world.”
Mr McDermott will lead the company’s strategy, project management office, customer, digital, marketing, and data functions, MetLife said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Oct 2018ANZ under fire over ‘conflicted’ IOOF dealBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018Advisers should be early call in divorce casesBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018War with Dover ‘destroyed me’, says ex-adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 16 Oct 2018Macquarie adds Insight fund to platformBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Oct 2018FASEA is setting a new standard for the industry: Assistant TreasurerBy Eliot Hastie
- view all