HLB Mann Judd Sydney’s wealth management wing has created an insurance business in partnership with MBS Insurance.
The new business will provide personal risk insurance for individuals, SMSFs and business clients, the company said in a statement, and will be led by HLB Sydney’s Andrew Kennedy.
“HLB Insurance Services brings together our client-focused approach with MBS' industry expertise and proven insurance administration capabilities, to broaden and improve upon the wealth advisory services we are able to provide,” said Mr Kennedy.
“We will be working closely with clients to ensure they have appropriate cover for their financial risk, as well as assisting clients when claims need to be made, helping to expedite claims so that clients can access much needed funds quickly and simply.”
HLB Mann Judd wealth management partner Jonathan Philpot said insurance was a “key area” for the business’ clients, and the launch of the new insurance business is intended to address this.
“The low level of understanding of the personal insurance offering, including the different types of insurance and the level of cover needed, requires a professional solution, something that unfortunately has not been provided by some in this industry,” he said.
“Also, the level of change in the personal insurance market means that insurance is no longer a ‘set-and-forget’ part of client’s financial plan. Professional management and reviews of clients’ portfolio is vital to ensure their needs and objectives are adequately covered by the strategies that have been put in place.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018Adviser morale dips on tech frontBy Killian Plastow
- view all