Insurance fintech association Insurtech Australia is one of a number of international bodies to co-found a new global organisation designed to “facilitate global connectivity” within the industry.
The new organisation, the Global InsurTech Alliance (GITA), was created by Insurtech Australia alongside InsTech London, InsurTech Asia, and FinTech NZ, with new members from “both Europe and North America” expected to join, Insurtech Australia said in a statement.
Insurtech Australia chief executive Brenton Charnley said the new organisation would help Australian insurance technology businesses to grow.
“The development of the global insurtech eco-system with international partners reflects the rapid evolution underway for a sector little changed in over two centuries,” he said.
“As a global network of organisations dedicated to supporting insurtech, GITA will help facilitate new opportunities for Australian start-ups and offer enhanced collaboration opportunities to our corporate supporters.”
The first activity to be supported by the new organisation will be an “international roadshow”, the statement said, during which start-ups will be provided the opportunity to meet “insurers and investors in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Germany”.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018Adviser morale dips on tech frontBy Killian Plastow
- view all