MetLife Australia has launched a new digital claims tracker to allow members to follow their claim’s progress.
The new service will be available on desktop, tablet and mobile devices, and will allow MetLife members to check their claim’s status, receive updates from MetLife, upload information and complete tasks.
The digital claims tracker was developed “in close collaboration” with recent claimants, the company said.
“Our research uncovered a largely positive experience of claimants, with our claims managers being a key driver of satisfaction,” said MetLife director of customer strategy and innovation Jeremy Simmons.
“We developed the digital claims tracker with members’ needs and wants firmly front of mind, complementing the great work that our claims team does every day, providing increased clarity and efficiency, and allowing claimants to keep track of progress whenever and wherever.”
Mr Simmons noted that many claimants are “going through difficult times” and that this new tool would allow members to update themselves on the progress of their claim “even on days when they don’t feel like picking up a phone”.
MetLife said it will continue to introduce enhancements, such as SMS alerts, to the tracker over the coming months.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all