The Association of Financial Advisers has revealed the finalists for both its Adviser of the Year and Practice of the Year awards.
Nominees for the awards, a joint venture between the Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) and Zurich, were created to recognise “qualities of leadership, innovation, customer focus and professional excellence” within the financial advice industry.
Three finalists have been announced for each of the two categories, with the Adviser of the Year finalists being judged on their contribution to the improvement of financial literacy among their community, and Practice of the Year finalists on their contribution to innovation and the betterment of the industry.
“Every finalist has invested in themselves and their business, and to reach this stage of the judging process is an achievement in itself,” said AFA chief executive Phil Kewin.
“Not to mention all of those who are striving to be the best, who did not make this year's finalist. They should be all very proud, and I congratulate them all for their commitment. When looking at those representing our profession, we certainly have a lot to be proud of.”
The finalists for the Adviser of the Year award are:
- Charles Fraser of Shadforth Financial Group
- Glen James of Fortify Financial
- Julia Schortinghuis of Lighthouse Capital
The finalists for the Practice of the Year award are:
- Australian Financial Risk Management
- PFG Financial Services
The winners of both categories will be announced at a gala dinner on 13th October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Oct 2018Life insurer fires 50, kills outbound sales businessBy James Mitchell
- 19 Oct 2018Strategic plan for AFCA releasedBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Oct 2018Clique Paraplanning launches practice portalBy Reporter
- 18 Oct 2018Challenger announces new Netwealth dealBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- view all