Aon has announced the acquisition of a Townsville-based insurance and financial services business in a strategic move to expand its presence in north Queensland.
The acquisition of Mark Kelly Insurance and Financial Services, based in the north Queensland towns of Townsville, Ayr and Ingham, is part of Aon’s plan to “reaffirm [its] commitment to the north Queensland community”, according to Aon Risk Solutions chief executive for Australia Lambros Lambrou.
“Having operated in this region for more than 50 years, we already have four branches and more than 2,500 clients in Cairns, Townsville, Ayr and Mackay,” he said.
“We're excited by the potential our strengthened team now presents in this market.”
Mr Lambrou said the acquisition, which was finalised on 31 August 2017, would strengthen the business and aligned with its existing strategy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- view all