Aon has announced the acquisition of a Townsville-based insurance and financial services business in a strategic move to expand its presence in north Queensland.
The acquisition of Mark Kelly Insurance and Financial Services, based in the north Queensland towns of Townsville, Ayr and Ingham, is part of Aon’s plan to “reaffirm [its] commitment to the north Queensland community”, according to Aon Risk Solutions chief executive for Australia Lambros Lambrou.
“Having operated in this region for more than 50 years, we already have four branches and more than 2,500 clients in Cairns, Townsville, Ayr and Mackay,” he said.
“We're excited by the potential our strengthened team now presents in this market.”
Mr Lambrou said the acquisition, which was finalised on 31 August 2017, would strengthen the business and aligned with its existing strategy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all