Aon has announced the acquisition of a Townsville-based insurance and financial services business in a strategic move to expand its presence in north Queensland.
The acquisition of Mark Kelly Insurance and Financial Services, based in the north Queensland towns of Townsville, Ayr and Ingham, is part of Aon’s plan to “reaffirm [its] commitment to the north Queensland community”, according to Aon Risk Solutions chief executive for Australia Lambros Lambrou.
“Having operated in this region for more than 50 years, we already have four branches and more than 2,500 clients in Cairns, Townsville, Ayr and Mackay,” he said.
“We're excited by the potential our strengthened team now presents in this market.”
Mr Lambrou said the acquisition, which was finalised on 31 August 2017, would strengthen the business and aligned with its existing strategy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all