Aon has announced the acquisition of a Townsville-based insurance and financial services business in a strategic move to expand its presence in north Queensland.
The acquisition of Mark Kelly Insurance and Financial Services, based in the north Queensland towns of Townsville, Ayr and Ingham, is part of Aon’s plan to “reaffirm [its] commitment to the north Queensland community”, according to Aon Risk Solutions chief executive for Australia Lambros Lambrou.
“Having operated in this region for more than 50 years, we already have four branches and more than 2,500 clients in Cairns, Townsville, Ayr and Mackay,” he said.
“We're excited by the potential our strengthened team now presents in this market.”
Mr Lambrou said the acquisition, which was finalised on 31 August 2017, would strengthen the business and aligned with its existing strategy.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all