TAL has announced the appointment of Glenn Baird to the newly-created role of head of mental health, in line with its wider health strategy.
Mr Baird is a registered psychologist and an accredited trainer to various mental health stakeholder groups, such as beyondblue and LivingWorks Australia, which work to address issues associated with depression, anxiety, related mental disorders and suicide, TAL said in a statement.
Prior to joining TAL, Mr Baird was a director at SportsLife iQ, a support and counselling group for elite athletes, where he developed and delivered training programs in mental health and wellbeing.
TAL general manager for health services Sally Phillips said Mr Baird will be working with TAL’s broader health services team and multiple mental health groups to drive the insurer’s internal and external health strategy. This will include advising on both the prevention and return to health of customers suffering from mental health illnesses.
“Mental health represents the second-largest category of claims after cancer and it is a growing theme in society and in our customers’ lives,” Ms Phillips said.
“It’s important that we have the right expertise to make objective decisions, reflecting evolving medical best practice and give our customers the very best support.
“We have every confidence that Glenn’s skills and experience will make him ideally suited to the new role.”
Mr Baird starts the role today in TAL’s Sydney office.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all