A life reinsurer has made some key senior appointments for its Australian office, including a new chief underwriter and a chief medical officer.
Debra Pitcher is the new chief underwriter and head of underwriting policy for SCOR Global Life Australia, having started the role on 13 June, according to a statement.
Ms Pitcher will be responsible for SCOR’s overall life underwriting strategy in Australia and New Zealand, and will focus on the continuous development of the company's proposition to clients and the end customer.
SCOR Global Life Australia head of underwriting and claims Paula Bourke said, “Debra is highly regarded by the life insurance community, bringing experience that will be invaluable as we partner with our clients to provide innovative solutions and continue to grow our presence locally.”
In addition, John Cummins has been appointed chief medical officer, starting the role on 26 June.
Dr Cummins has an extensive career within the life insurance industry, working across insurance and reinsurance as a consultant chief medical officer, and will be working with the SCOR team while continuing his clinical practices, the statement said.
SCOR Global Life Australia chief executive Dion Russell said he is thrilled to welcome Dr Cummins to the team.
“His expert knowledge and insights in medicine will build an even stronger foundation for research and innovation keeping SCOR at the forefront of medical advancements and the impacts to life insurance,” Mr Russell said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all