AIA Australia has announced changes to its executive team, including the creation of new roles as well as the appointment of a new chief financial officer.
Harry Efthimiou will take up the newly-created role of chief health insurance officer, while Tim Tez has been appointed chief strategy officer for Australia and New Zealand, AIA said in a statement.
Mr Efthimiou has been with AIA since 2010 in the roles of chief financial officer and chief finance and strategy officer, while Mr Tez was the chief marketing officer for AIA from 2009 to 2014.
In addition, Michael Chernov has been appointed chief financial officer for Australia and New Zealand. He joined AIA Australia in 2009, holding senior roles in the actuarial, finance and strategy team.
AIA said the new positions have been specifically set up to provide strong support for its business opportunities in the life and health insurance sectors across Australia and New Zealand.
AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said he is delighted to have the trio in their new roles.
“Tim, Harry and Michael are all well known to the AIA family, and each of them has played an instrumental role in delivering the significant growth we have achieved over the last few years,” Mr Mu said.
“I know that they will use their deep industry knowledge and experience to capitalise on positive momentum from the recent past and take AIA’s business in Australia and New Zealand to the next level.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all