AIA Australia has announced changes to its executive team, including the creation of new roles as well as the appointment of a new chief financial officer.
Harry Efthimiou will take up the newly-created role of chief health insurance officer, while Tim Tez has been appointed chief strategy officer for Australia and New Zealand, AIA said in a statement.
Mr Efthimiou has been with AIA since 2010 in the roles of chief financial officer and chief finance and strategy officer, while Mr Tez was the chief marketing officer for AIA from 2009 to 2014.
In addition, Michael Chernov has been appointed chief financial officer for Australia and New Zealand. He joined AIA Australia in 2009, holding senior roles in the actuarial, finance and strategy team.
AIA said the new positions have been specifically set up to provide strong support for its business opportunities in the life and health insurance sectors across Australia and New Zealand.
AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said he is delighted to have the trio in their new roles.
“Tim, Harry and Michael are all well known to the AIA family, and each of them has played an instrumental role in delivering the significant growth we have achieved over the last few years,” Mr Mu said.
“I know that they will use their deep industry knowledge and experience to capitalise on positive momentum from the recent past and take AIA’s business in Australia and New Zealand to the next level.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- 18 Apr 2018AMP accused of 'trapping' advice clientsBy Tim Stewart
- 18 Apr 2018CFS to strengthen licensee monitoring after royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all