AIA Australia has announced changes to its executive team, including the creation of new roles as well as the appointment of a new chief financial officer.
Harry Efthimiou will take up the newly-created role of chief health insurance officer, while Tim Tez has been appointed chief strategy officer for Australia and New Zealand, AIA said in a statement.
Mr Efthimiou has been with AIA since 2010 in the roles of chief financial officer and chief finance and strategy officer, while Mr Tez was the chief marketing officer for AIA from 2009 to 2014.
In addition, Michael Chernov has been appointed chief financial officer for Australia and New Zealand. He joined AIA Australia in 2009, holding senior roles in the actuarial, finance and strategy team.
AIA said the new positions have been specifically set up to provide strong support for its business opportunities in the life and health insurance sectors across Australia and New Zealand.
AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said he is delighted to have the trio in their new roles.
“Tim, Harry and Michael are all well known to the AIA family, and each of them has played an instrumental role in delivering the significant growth we have achieved over the last few years,” Mr Mu said.
“I know that they will use their deep industry knowledge and experience to capitalise on positive momentum from the recent past and take AIA’s business in Australia and New Zealand to the next level.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all