AIA Australia has announced it has partnered with digital financial advice provider SuperEd to launch an online tool to provide education on group insurance for superannuation fund members.
The new online module will be integrated with AIA’s Group Insurance LIFEapp, its online application tool, AIA Australia said in a statement.
The module, LIFEapp 2.0, will be member-focused and provide many important insurance services in one spot, where members will be able to learn about insurance, get personalised assistance and manage or apply for their cover, the statement said.
AIA Australia and New Zealand chief executive Damien Mu said members will be able to easily access the portal from their superannuation fund and make use of all the tools provided.
“The low level of engagement and understanding of life insurance is a key issue to address for the industry,” Mr Mu said.
“We want to support our partnering superannuation funds help their members to better understand the cover they have, why it’s important and what they need.
“By educating and assisting members on how life insurance works, we can support them in learning about the benefits of their cover, via an easy and fun way in their own time.”
SuperEd chief executive Hugh Morrow said the goal is to improve the retirement outcomes and help address the financial literacy of fund members through education.
“We enable super funds to engage and encourage their members to make better decisions through the provision of cutting-edge tools,” Mr Morrow said.
“Our partnership with AIA will significantly enhance the ability of super funds to provide appropriate life insurance advice and education to their members.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all