Zurich has announced it has expanded its risk underwriting team following its acquisition of Macquarie Life’s risk business.
The underwriting team now has 16 additional members based in Sydney and Brisbane, including the Health Connect Tele-underwriting team, Zurich said in a statement.
Zurich’s national underwriting manager Matthew Apps will work closely with sales and distribution, while Mary Sinclair-Porter joined the team as a national underwriting operations manager.
Both will report to chief underwriting officer of Zurich’s life and investments division, Tina Beilby.
Financial underwriting and claims manager, Tony Baker, and chief medical officer, Matthew Paul, also joined the Zurich team from Macquarie Life.
Ms Beilby said the new team will be instrumental in supporting Zurich’s expanded product and service proposition in the market and provide a smart, efficient underwriting service for advisers and policyholders.
“We have acquired great underwriting, tele-underwriting and claims expertise and now have a number of key roles working across both claims and underwriting,” she said.
“With our wider product suite including Zurich Active, Sumo and FutureWise, we’re ensuring our service adds value by leveraging a more diverse underwriting approach and gaining access to additional key insurers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all