Zurich has announced it has expanded its risk underwriting team following its acquisition of Macquarie Life’s risk business.
The underwriting team now has 16 additional members based in Sydney and Brisbane, including the Health Connect Tele-underwriting team, Zurich said in a statement.
Zurich’s national underwriting manager Matthew Apps will work closely with sales and distribution, while Mary Sinclair-Porter joined the team as a national underwriting operations manager.
Both will report to chief underwriting officer of Zurich’s life and investments division, Tina Beilby.
Financial underwriting and claims manager, Tony Baker, and chief medical officer, Matthew Paul, also joined the Zurich team from Macquarie Life.
Ms Beilby said the new team will be instrumental in supporting Zurich’s expanded product and service proposition in the market and provide a smart, efficient underwriting service for advisers and policyholders.
“We have acquired great underwriting, tele-underwriting and claims expertise and now have a number of key roles working across both claims and underwriting,” she said.
“With our wider product suite including Zurich Active, Sumo and FutureWise, we’re ensuring our service adds value by leveraging a more diverse underwriting approach and gaining access to additional key insurers.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all