Several major life insurers recorded significant growth in overall risk premium inflows despite low growth across the market, according to figures from Strategic Insight.
AIA (13.3 per cent), TAL (11.5 per cent) and BT/Westpac (10.1 per cent) managed to record double digit percentage growth rates in overall risk premium inflows in the year ending September 2016, Strategic Insight says.
Annual sales in the risk market rose 7.5 per cent, after staging a partial bounce back from the 23.2 per cent fall the previous year.
“Market leaders TAL (138.2 per cent) and AIA (40.6 per cent) both reported large jumps in their risk sales year-on-year again, recovering from equally large falls they suffered in the previous 12 months with volatility in the group risk market, in particular, driving all these results,” Strategic Insight said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all