An analysis of visitors searching for specific superannuation funds on Canstar’s website shows a substantial number of them looked for life insurance within super.
Canstar’s analysis of more than 100,000 visitors to its website, canstar.com.au, over the past 12 months found that life insurance within super was among the top three most searched topics.
“More than one-quarter of the more than 100,000 visitors using our online filtering tools over the past 12 months are specifically looking for a super fund that includes income protection,” Canstar general manager for wealth, Josh Callaghan, said.
“Anecdotally, many funds have been telling us that there is a far greater awareness of insurance cover through super now, compared to several years ago.”
Mr Callaghan said there are certain superannuation topics that have enduring appeal and attract thousands of website visitors each month.
“Top of the list is the difference between retail and industry funds, which is a distinction that seems to confuse many people,” he said.
“Superannuation fees are also a hot topic, and life insurance within superannuation rounds out the top three most popularly-searched topics.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all