The winner of ifa’s Risk Adviser of the Year has been announced at this year’s Excellence Awards at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth hotel.
Aaron Zelman of MediBroker took the honours for the second year running.
Mr Zelman was commended by the judges for having expert knowledge of financial markets and asset allocation, and possessing a methodological approach to providing a strong advice provision.
Although he was unable to attend the awards last week, his industry colleague and business friend Trishanth Chandrahasan of Omnium accepted the award on his behalf.
“Aaron champions the need for risk insurance in this industry and he’s one of the best risk insurance advisers that I’ve ever come across,” Mr Chandrahasan said.
“I’ve been in this industry for nine years and I really respect Aaron and I love the way he conducts his business and the way he treats his clients.
“I’m truly honoured to accept this award on behalf of him and I’m not surprised that he did win this award ... a big congratulations to him.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- view all