The winner of ifa’s Risk Adviser of the Year has been announced at this year’s Excellence Awards at the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth hotel.
Aaron Zelman of MediBroker took the honours for the second year running.
Mr Zelman was commended by the judges for having expert knowledge of financial markets and asset allocation, and possessing a methodological approach to providing a strong advice provision.
Although he was unable to attend the awards last week, his industry colleague and business friend Trishanth Chandrahasan of Omnium accepted the award on his behalf.
“Aaron champions the need for risk insurance in this industry and he’s one of the best risk insurance advisers that I’ve ever come across,” Mr Chandrahasan said.
“I’ve been in this industry for nine years and I really respect Aaron and I love the way he conducts his business and the way he treats his clients.
“I’m truly honoured to accept this award on behalf of him and I’m not surprised that he did win this award ... a big congratulations to him.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all