Zurich has announced the appointment of a new regional CEO for Asia-Pacific, effective next month.
Jack Howell will head up Zurich in Asia-Pacific from 1 September. He will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Mario Greco, group chief executive of Zurich Insurance Group.
Interim Zurich Asia-Pacific chief executive Stuart Spencer will remain in the region and work closely with Mr Howell.
Mr Howell joins from Generali, where he has held the role of regional officer for Asia since early 2015. He brings more than 20 years’ of industry knowledge to the position, as well as a successful track record in managing insurance businesses.
“Jack’s extensive experience, coupled with his leadership capabilities, make him the ideal person to strengthen our position in Asia-Pacific, where we see exciting potential to develop our business,” Mr Greco said in a statement.
“He will continue to build our presence in the region and drive profitable growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all