Zurich has announced the appointment of a new regional CEO for Asia-Pacific, effective next month.
Jack Howell will head up Zurich in Asia-Pacific from 1 September. He will be based in Hong Kong and will report to Mario Greco, group chief executive of Zurich Insurance Group.
Interim Zurich Asia-Pacific chief executive Stuart Spencer will remain in the region and work closely with Mr Howell.
Mr Howell joins from Generali, where he has held the role of regional officer for Asia since early 2015. He brings more than 20 years’ of industry knowledge to the position, as well as a successful track record in managing insurance businesses.
“Jack’s extensive experience, coupled with his leadership capabilities, make him the ideal person to strengthen our position in Asia-Pacific, where we see exciting potential to develop our business,” Mr Greco said in a statement.
“He will continue to build our presence in the region and drive profitable growth.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 21 Aug 2018Government releases 2018 financial literacy strategyBy Killian Plastow
- 21 Aug 2018Product design laws could ‘undermine’ FOFABy Tim Stewart
- 20 Aug 2018Carve-outs must be addressed before commissions: AIOFPBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Professional year an opportunity for exiting advisersBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- view all