A long-serving adviser and Queensland state manager of non-adviser dealer group Synchron is retiring, with a former Zurich business development manager taking his place.
Gerry Porter’s retirement was announced last week at Synchron’s professional development day in Brisbane.
Mr Porter has been a Synchron adviser for 15 years and the group’s Queensland state manager since January 2009, the company said in a statement.
Mr Porter was responsible for Queensland being Synchron’s second largest market by state, having increased its number of representatives from 20 to 115.
In 2015, he was awarded the AFA’s Michael Murphy Award.
Former Zurich business development manager Gee Vas will fill the role vacated by Mr Porter.
“We are thrilled to have someone of Gee’s calibre and experience joining the Synchron family, and look forward to seeing her continue the outstanding work done by Gerry Porter in Queensland,” Synchron director Don Trapnell said.
Ms Vas has a decade of experience in both investments and insurance, and has previously held roles with TAL and Aviva Australia.
Ms Vas said she has worked closely with Synchron in the last six years and was delighted to be joining the team.
“I’m passionate about the financial services industry, especially risk insurance, and look forward to cultivating strong relationships with advisers and sales executives, while continuing the growth of Synchron in Queensland.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- 14 Aug 2018RC challenges NAB on ASIC interactionsBy Killian Plastow
- 14 Aug 2018Judgement issued in DomaCom SMSF appealBy Miranda Brownlee
- view all