Diversified financial services group Omniwealth has opened a general insurance services arm as an additional service for advisers looking to assist SMEs in protecting their business assets.
Omniwealth Insurance Services will assist business clients with general insurance services and will be led by Omniwealth director and insurance broker Anthony Anastasio, the firm said in a statement.
Omniwealth group managing director Matthew Kidd said he is pleased to bring general insurance services into the firm as part of an expansion of its in-house financial planning services.
"General insurance is often overlooked by AFSLs as too specialist, but it is essential for advisers to be able to assist SMEs in protecting their business assets," Mr Kidd said.
He added that he is fortunate to have Mr Anastasio and his team joining Omniwealth.
"They bring over 25 years of general insurance experience and have advised across many diverse business segments, from the smallest SME through to large corporates," he said.
"They will be an ideal complement to our set of advisory staff."
Mr Anastasio said that he and his team are very excited by the opportunity of working with the various departments of Omniwealth and providing additional services to their business clients.
"Getting the best insurance outcome for an SME starts with a clear picture of their current risk needs, how this fits with the broader family structure and an insight into their future strategies/acquisitions," Mr Anastasio said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 23 Jan 2019Bowen slams ‘woeful’ handling of royal commissionBy James Mitchell
- 23 Jan 2019Gender super gap lower but still at 34%By Adrian Flores
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- view all