Diversified financial services group Omniwealth has opened a general insurance services arm as an additional service for advisers looking to assist SMEs in protecting their business assets.
Omniwealth Insurance Services will assist business clients with general insurance services and will be led by Omniwealth director and insurance broker Anthony Anastasio, the firm said in a statement.
Omniwealth group managing director Matthew Kidd said he is pleased to bring general insurance services into the firm as part of an expansion of its in-house financial planning services.
"General insurance is often overlooked by AFSLs as too specialist, but it is essential for advisers to be able to assist SMEs in protecting their business assets," Mr Kidd said.
He added that he is fortunate to have Mr Anastasio and his team joining Omniwealth.
"They bring over 25 years of general insurance experience and have advised across many diverse business segments, from the smallest SME through to large corporates," he said.
"They will be an ideal complement to our set of advisory staff."
Mr Anastasio said that he and his team are very excited by the opportunity of working with the various departments of Omniwealth and providing additional services to their business clients.
"Getting the best insurance outcome for an SME starts with a clear picture of their current risk needs, how this fits with the broader family structure and an insight into their future strategies/acquisitions," Mr Anastasio said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all