MLC has announced its former head of sales, who left to join BT two years ago, has returned as its new general manager for retail advised insurance sales.
In a statement, NAB-owned MLC said it appointed Russell Hannah to the newly created position as the business transitions into a standalone life insurance company.
Mr Hannah will be responsible for the retail advised insurance team, overseeing distribution and sales, key account management, specialist insurance functions along with sales analytics and insights.
MLC's general manager of retail advised insurance, Melissa Heyhoe, said: "As we transition into a specialist insurance business, it’s imperative that we have end-to-end ownership and accountability for the way our business services and supports advisers."
She added: "Russell’s appointment will ensure we are at the forefront of driving organisational and broader industry change."
Mr Hannah returns to MLC after working two years for BT Financial Group as its state manager for NSW and ACT, according to his LinkedIn profile. He also held a number of national insurance sales roles across Aviva and ING Direct Australia.
NAB announced in October 2015 that it would sell 80 per cent of its life insurance business to Japanese life insurer Nippon Life.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all