MLC has announced its former head of sales, who left to join BT two years ago, has returned as its new general manager for retail advised insurance sales.
In a statement, NAB-owned MLC said it appointed Russell Hannah to the newly created position as the business transitions into a standalone life insurance company.
Mr Hannah will be responsible for the retail advised insurance team, overseeing distribution and sales, key account management, specialist insurance functions along with sales analytics and insights.
MLC's general manager of retail advised insurance, Melissa Heyhoe, said: "As we transition into a specialist insurance business, it’s imperative that we have end-to-end ownership and accountability for the way our business services and supports advisers."
She added: "Russell’s appointment will ensure we are at the forefront of driving organisational and broader industry change."
Mr Hannah returns to MLC after working two years for BT Financial Group as its state manager for NSW and ACT, according to his LinkedIn profile. He also held a number of national insurance sales roles across Aviva and ING Direct Australia.
NAB announced in October 2015 that it would sell 80 per cent of its life insurance business to Japanese life insurer Nippon Life.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 22 Jan 2019Advice issues stem from writing of SOAs, says RafteryBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019Federal Court winds up CFS Private WealthBy Eliot Hastie
- 22 Jan 20192.44m Aussies suffer from financial stressBy Sarah Simpkins
- 22 Jan 2019BT releases 6 ‘core’ managed portfoliosBy Eliot Hastie
- 21 Jan 2019Licence conditions placed on Sydney AFSLBy Adrian Flores
- 21 Jan 2019O’Dwyer steps down from politicsBy Adrian Flores
- view all