ANZ will provide a 10 per cent discount on combined death and total and permanent disability (TPD) policies valued at more than $1.5 million.
ANZ's managing director for the Australian wealth division, Alexis George, said in a media conference call this morning that it's important to note that the combined death/TPD policies will be available until the end of the year, but the discount itself will be a lifetime duration.
"We’re really trying to encourage our customers to see that they have the appropriate level of cover," she said.
Ms George cited an increasingly competitive market as one of the factors behind the move, noting that pricing is important in such an environment.
"Pricing is incredibly important at the moment and clearly there's a lot of attention on that from many aspects of the industry," she said.
"Clearly the market is in a competitive space at the moment, and I think it's important for us to remain competitive."
Ms George noted that while they are not looking at discounts for other insurance products such as income protection, they are reviewing the pricing of their entire suite of products.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018Adviser morale dips on tech frontBy Killian Plastow
- view all