TAL has appointed a former CommInsure head of life product and strategy as its new general manager for health services.
In a statement issued today, TAL said that Sally Phillips would join the insurer in the new position to further its health services capability.
Prior to her role at CommInsure, Ms Phillips spent two years at Macquarie Life as head of underwriting, claims and the insurance proposition and nearly six years at Macquarie Group as head of underwriting and claims.
TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said Ms Phillips appointment was part of the insurer’s commitment to the long-term health and wellbeing of its customers.
“We aim to improve the complete customer experience through improved medical and health capabilities – from improved insight and competencies of medical definitions in product design to enhanced customer rehabilitation and broader customer wellness initiatives," Mr Delaney said.
“Creating new customer experiences is essential and we need to have future-facing thinking; evolving our health services is core to that proposition. To drive these initiatives, we have appointed Dr Sally Phillips in a newly created role as GM for Health Services.”
Ms Phillips will be responsible for TAL’s health services proposition and will work with multiple business teams, including innovation, marketing and distribution to support the development of TAL's existing proposition and focus on new market developments, the insurer said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all