TAL has appointed a former CommInsure head of life product and strategy as its new general manager for health services.
In a statement issued today, TAL said that Sally Phillips would join the insurer in the new position to further its health services capability.
Prior to her role at CommInsure, Ms Phillips spent two years at Macquarie Life as head of underwriting, claims and the insurance proposition and nearly six years at Macquarie Group as head of underwriting and claims.
TAL chief operating officer Justin Delaney said Ms Phillips appointment was part of the insurer’s commitment to the long-term health and wellbeing of its customers.
“We aim to improve the complete customer experience through improved medical and health capabilities – from improved insight and competencies of medical definitions in product design to enhanced customer rehabilitation and broader customer wellness initiatives," Mr Delaney said.
“Creating new customer experiences is essential and we need to have future-facing thinking; evolving our health services is core to that proposition. To drive these initiatives, we have appointed Dr Sally Phillips in a newly created role as GM for Health Services.”
Ms Phillips will be responsible for TAL’s health services proposition and will work with multiple business teams, including innovation, marketing and distribution to support the development of TAL's existing proposition and focus on new market developments, the insurer said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all