ClearView Wealth has appointed a former Enva risk adviser as its new business development manager for Queensland.
According to a LinkedIn post, Richard Monroe began his new role as a life insurance BDM last week with ClearView last week.
"I know ClearView very well and am a huge fan," said Mr Monroe.
"I love their products and have recommended them to many of my clients. I'm really excited to be joining the ClearView team and can’t wait to get out there and start helping advisers."
Mr Monroe was previously a BDM with BT Financial Group before he decided to become a client-facing insurance adviser, according to the social media post.
"It was a massive risk, but back then it was something I really needed to do. I felt that the risk was worth the potential reward," he said.
"I didn’t want to look back when I was an old bloke and regret not trying."
After four years, Mr Monroe said he "learned a lot about" himself, including that being in the adviser role was not for him.
"In many ways I am not suited to the role and, perhaps most crucially, I just don’t enjoy it. And life is too short to not be happy," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 Jun 2018Sam Henderson to retire from financial adviceBy Reporter
- 25 Jun 2018CBA to spin off 'independent' CFS GroupBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Awards night recognises young adviser of the yearBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018AMP chair urges RC to not to restrict business modelsBy Killian Plastow
- 22 Jun 2018David Murray takes reins as AMP chairmanBy Reporter
- 22 Jun 2018Fitzpatricks announces new licensee bossBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all