ClearView Wealth has appointed a former Enva risk adviser as its new business development manager for Queensland.
According to a LinkedIn post, Richard Monroe began his new role as a life insurance BDM last week with ClearView last week.
"I know ClearView very well and am a huge fan," said Mr Monroe.
"I love their products and have recommended them to many of my clients. I'm really excited to be joining the ClearView team and can’t wait to get out there and start helping advisers."
Mr Monroe was previously a BDM with BT Financial Group before he decided to become a client-facing insurance adviser, according to the social media post.
"It was a massive risk, but back then it was something I really needed to do. I felt that the risk was worth the potential reward," he said.
"I didn’t want to look back when I was an old bloke and regret not trying."
After four years, Mr Monroe said he "learned a lot about" himself, including that being in the adviser role was not for him.
"In many ways I am not suited to the role and, perhaps most crucially, I just don’t enjoy it. And life is too short to not be happy," he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all