TAL has launched a new function, providing customers with the ability to quickly increase their life insurance, TPD insurance and critical illness insurance.
According to a statement, the service, called Cover Upgrade Express, allows clients to upgrade their cover online, cutting out additional paperwork for advisers and their clients.
Cover Upgrade Express allows clients to upgrade their cover online without underwriting and take advantage of the guaranteed future insurability (GFI) benefit feature of their policy, the statement said.
TAL general manager of retail distribution Niall McConville said GFI allows policies to be increased following life events such as buying a house, finishing a post-graduate degree or having a child.
“Clients are notified of their eligibility at policy renewal time and can action their upgrade without new evidence of health or pastimes,” he said.
“It is an easy self-service online process.”
Cover Upgrade Express will be available for eligible Accelerated Protection Policy customers under 55 years of age, the statement said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers' interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- 17 Aug 2018Assess super on value not fees, Rice Warner urgesBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Aug 2018ANZ taken to task over ‘misleading’ general adviceBy Reporter
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- view all