Zurich has appointed a former AIA national group claims manager, Sheriff Hamza, as its new head of life insurance claims.
In a statement, Zurich said Mr Hamza – who started his new role on 7 March – will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, policy, and governance of claims for Zurich’s Australian life and investments business.
Prior to joining Zurich, Mr Hamza worked with AIA Australia as a national group claims manager, and was also a team manager with ING.
Commenting on the appointment, the chief operating officer of Zurich’s life and investments business, Phil Anderson, said claim time is the “moment of truth” when life insurers have the “opportunity to honour the promise they make to policyholders”.
“Over a number of years, Zurich has been acknowledged for the equity, empathy and transparency that are the hallmarks of our life insurance claims philosophy," he said.
“Sheriff shares that philosophy and also brings a wealth of industry knowledge that can help us deliver an even better claims experience for customers and advisers alike.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all