TAL has partnered with the Personal Injury Education Foundation (PIEF) to further the education of its claims and rehabilitation teams.
In a statement, TAL general manager of claims Mary Maini said the new partnership with PIEF – a not-for-profit education provider for people working in claims and disability management – is in an effort to further assist its claims team.
“As we know, delivering on the claims promise is at the core of all insurance organisations. To that end, it is vital that we invest in our people who deal with our customers at a critical time in their lives,” Ms Maini said.
According to TAL, the partnership will offer new learning pathways across the team from Certificate IV in Personal Injury Management for entry level roles through to a Master of Personal Injury management for senior claims professionals.
“One of the areas we will focus on for our people is injury and disability management and return to work modules. These initiatives are having enormous benefits to our customers and we are committed to continuing to progress areas that are having the biggest customer benefit,” Ms Maini said.
“Our customers want to know that the claims professionals who are handling their claim understand their situation and will support them through the journey. Continuing to equip our people with the right skills to help our customers is essential to a good experience at often a very distressing and difficult time for our customers.”
Ms Maini added: “We have long supported industry education, having worked with ANZIIF [The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance] for many years and we will continue this valuable partnership alongside our work with PIEF."
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018Linchpin funded advice business in liquidationBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- view all