BT Financial Group has appointed Sue Houghton as the new general manager of insurance to replace David Lees, who moved to Westpac late last year.
In a statement, BT said Ms Houghton, a former executive of IAG and Wesfarmers, will take up the role on 7 March 2016 and will oversee both the company’s life and general insurance divisions.
“Sue is a highly regarded member of Australia’s insurance industry and we are delighted she is joining our executive to lead the insurance business as it continues to grow,” BT Financial Group chief executive Brad Cooper said.
Commenting on her appointment, Ms Houghton said it is both an “exciting and challenging time” in the industry and she is looking forward to starting her work in the role.
“BT has been very progressive in developing its insurance business – driving better customer experiences and service delivery through progressive partnerships, innovative product development and customer-centred processes,” Ms Houghton said.
“I am looking forward to continuing the momentum BT has created as well as working in partnership with the investments, advice and superannuation businesses within the group,” she said.
Mr Lees, who formerly held the position, has moved to Westpac to take up the role of deputy chief financial officer.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018Adviser morale dips on tech frontBy Killian Plastow
- view all