Risk specialist dealer group Bombora has appointed Kevin Martin as the advice group’s new chairman.
In a statement, the group said Mr Martin will commence in his new role in January 2016, representing a “significant milestone” for the organisation as it begins the next phase of its move towards becoming the “professional services firm of the future”.
Currently, Mr Martin is managing director of consulting firm Alto Nominees, executive director of RYCO Group, non-executive director of Agrocel Industries and of the Children’s Cancer Foundation.
He has also held executive positions with Linfox Group, a non-executive position with Excel Crop Care and was the CFO of Nufarm Ltd for 17 years.
Mr Martin said the financial services industry continues to undergo change in response to new legislation and regulations, but that Bombora is well placed to build on them.
“I believe the outlook is very promising for Bombora as it is well positioned to succeed in this environment and I look forward to contributing to the advancement of the organisation,” he said.
“As a business, Bombora has very solid fundamentals, strong growth potential and an experienced, capable executive team led by Wayne Handley. I look forward to working with Wayne and Bombora’s principal partners to grasp and capitalise on the many opportunities that the group’s strategic plan and new era will provide.”
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all