Geoff Summerhayes, the former chief executive of Suncorp Life, has been appointed as a full-time member of the prudential regulator.
Announcing the appointment today, federal Treasurer Scott Morrison said Mr Summerhayes will become a full-time member of APRA from 1 January 2016 up to and including 31 December 2020.
Mr Summerhayes was most recently the chief executive of Suncorp Life, having stepped down from the role on 30 September.
Prior to his role with Suncorp, Mr Summerhayes held senior positions with NAB and MLC.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all