Geoff Summerhayes, the former chief executive of Suncorp Life, has been appointed as a full-time member of the prudential regulator.
Announcing the appointment today, federal Treasurer Scott Morrison said Mr Summerhayes will become a full-time member of APRA from 1 January 2016 up to and including 31 December 2020.
Mr Summerhayes was most recently the chief executive of Suncorp Life, having stepped down from the role on 30 September.
Prior to his role with Suncorp, Mr Summerhayes held senior positions with NAB and MLC.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2018Faith in adviser ethics fallsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS required no proof for service fees, RC hearsBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Aug 2018AFA reveals Female Excellence in Advice finalistsBy Reporter
- 15 Aug 2018CFS ‘retained’ adviser commissions: RCBy Killian Plastow and Tim Stewart
- 15 Aug 2018Suncorp urged advisers to maintain commissionsBy Jessica Yun
- 15 Aug 2018Hostplus spent $260,000 on tennis ticketsBy Tim Stewart
- view all