Geoff Summerhayes, the former chief executive of Suncorp Life, has been appointed as a full-time member of the prudential regulator.
Announcing the appointment today, federal Treasurer Scott Morrison said Mr Summerhayes will become a full-time member of APRA from 1 January 2016 up to and including 31 December 2020.
Mr Summerhayes was most recently the chief executive of Suncorp Life, having stepped down from the role on 30 September.
Prior to his role with Suncorp, Mr Summerhayes held senior positions with NAB and MLC.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 14 Dec 2018ASIC clarifies RG 146 requirements for advisersBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Sargon Capital acquires listed robo adviserBy James Mitchell
- 14 Dec 2018Industry body flags CPD burden under FASEA proposalBy Adrian Flores
- 14 Dec 2018Adviser exodus creating ‘enormous opportunity’ for accountantsBy Jotham Lian
- 14 Dec 2018Advisers embracing ESG investing, says surveyBy Adrian Flores
- 13 Dec 2018AFA picks apart CPD policy from FASEABy Adrian Flores
- view all