Geoff Summerhayes, the former chief executive of Suncorp Life, has been appointed as a full-time member of the prudential regulator.
Announcing the appointment today, federal Treasurer Scott Morrison said Mr Summerhayes will become a full-time member of APRA from 1 January 2016 up to and including 31 December 2020.
Mr Summerhayes was most recently the chief executive of Suncorp Life, having stepped down from the role on 30 September.
Prior to his role with Suncorp, Mr Summerhayes held senior positions with NAB and MLC.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Apr 2018Govt launches new corporate criminal crackdownBy Reporter
- 20 Apr 2018AMP CEO retires immediatelyBy Reporter
- 19 Apr 2018Commission questions compulsory FPA membershipBy Killian Plastow
- 19 Apr 2018CBA admits to fresh FOFA breachesBy Reporter
- 18 Apr 2018Royal commission villains could face jailBy Aleks Vickovich
- 18 Apr 2018CBA accused of ‘misleading’ royal commissionBy Aleks Vickovich and Killian Plastow
- view all