Geoff Summerhayes, the former chief executive of Suncorp Life, has been appointed as a full-time member of the prudential regulator.
Announcing the appointment today, federal Treasurer Scott Morrison said Mr Summerhayes will become a full-time member of APRA from 1 January 2016 up to and including 31 December 2020.
Mr Summerhayes was most recently the chief executive of Suncorp Life, having stepped down from the role on 30 September.
Prior to his role with Suncorp, Mr Summerhayes held senior positions with NAB and MLC.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Dec 2018Advice bodies reach code monitoring agreementBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Court lays charges against former Sydney adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Dec 2018Fiducian buys Vic financial planning businessBy Sarah Simpkins
- 18 Dec 2018ASIC permanently bans Victorian adviserBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Dec 2018Melbourne-based dealer group loses AFSLBy James Mitchell
- 18 Dec 2018AFA appoints new chair of women advocacy bodyBy Sarah Simpkins
- view all