CommInsure has appointed Macquarie Life divisional director and head of underwriting, claims and insurance proposition, Sally Phillips, as its new head of life product and strategy.
Ms Phillips will be responsible for product management, development and strategy across the CommInsure life insurance business, effective 18 January 2016, CommInsure said.
Ms Phillips joined Macquarie Life in 2008, establishing the retail life insurance business.
Prior to joining Macquarie, she was a founding member of one of South Africa’s major insurers, Discovery Life.
“Sally’s appointment reflects CommInsure Life’s focus on innovation and thought leadership,” general manager of life product and distribution Craig Harrison said.
“We have a clear direction to revitalise our presence in the retail advice market while building on our strength and recent growth in direct and group insurance.
“Sally’s experience and proven ability to deliver growth through innovation further strengthens the new CommInsure life insurance leadership team,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all