CommInsure has appointed Macquarie Life divisional director and head of underwriting, claims and insurance proposition, Sally Phillips, as its new head of life product and strategy.
Ms Phillips will be responsible for product management, development and strategy across the CommInsure life insurance business, effective 18 January 2016, CommInsure said.
Ms Phillips joined Macquarie Life in 2008, establishing the retail life insurance business.
Prior to joining Macquarie, she was a founding member of one of South Africa’s major insurers, Discovery Life.
“Sally’s appointment reflects CommInsure Life’s focus on innovation and thought leadership,” general manager of life product and distribution Craig Harrison said.
“We have a clear direction to revitalise our presence in the retail advice market while building on our strength and recent growth in direct and group insurance.
“Sally’s experience and proven ability to deliver growth through innovation further strengthens the new CommInsure life insurance leadership team,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all