The AFA, in partnership with ANZ Wealth, has announced the finalists for the AFA Rising Star of the Year award.
The award recognises the top up-and-coming advisers who have been providing financial advice for three years or less.
Risk specialist Declan Doolan of Brisbane-based practice Mr Insurance was named as a finalist for this year's award.
The other finalists named by the AFA were:
- Katherine Cairns of Peel Wealth Financial Planning in Perth;
- Kylie George of Harvest Wealth in Mildura;
- Adrian Patty from AP Financial Solutions in Sydney;
- Mark Richardson from Duncan Financial Advisers in Coffs Harbour; and
- Corey Wastle from Verse Wealth in Melbourne
“Now, more than ever, it’s important to the growth of the profession that we attract and retain talent,” said AFA chief executive Brad Fox.
“This Award is a way to uncover that talent and to share their early successes with the wider advice market.
“The quality of this year’s nominees was incredibly high, and just choosing the finalists was a tough job. It is a great example of how the AFA Rising Star Award has achieved one of its key objectives envisioned when it commenced – to attract and foster new talent towards a career in financial advice."
Meanwhile, ANZ Global Wealth managing director, advice and open market, Neil Younger said new advisers are “key to sustaining the industry’s growth into the future”.
“As a sponsor of the Award for the 11th year, we are delighted to nurture the talented nominees who took part in the awards process.
“The award provides an opportunity for participants to gain insights from other advisers and to build their networks,” he said.
The winner will be announced at the AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns, Sunday 25 October 2015.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all