The AFA has named the finalists of the 2015 Adviser of the Year, Practice of the Year and Female Excellence in Advice awards.
In partnership with Zurich, the AFA named PJ Byrne of risk specialist practice Mr Insurance; David Reed of the Retirement Advice Centre; and Catherine Robson of Affinity Private as the finalists for the Adviser of the Year category.
Finalists for Practice of the Year are the advice firms Announcer, NSW; Victoria-based Kearney Group Financial Services; and Queensland-based Robina Financial Services.
The finalists for this year's Female Excellence in Advice Award – which is presented in partnership with life insurer TAL – are Esther Althaus of Perspective Financial Services; Tricia Peters of PetersMcKeown; and Sharon Walker from NAB.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the standard of this year's nominees has been "outstanding".
"The financial advice community can be deservedly proud of the quality of advice being given in Australia," he said. "The grand finalists are, each in their own way, outstanding performers that exemplify the creation of client value through quality financial advice, service and professionalism."
The winners of the awards will be announced at this year's AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns, from 25 to 27 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all