The AFA has named the finalists of the 2015 Adviser of the Year, Practice of the Year and Female Excellence in Advice awards.
In partnership with Zurich, the AFA named PJ Byrne of risk specialist practice Mr Insurance; David Reed of the Retirement Advice Centre; and Catherine Robson of Affinity Private as the finalists for the Adviser of the Year category.
Finalists for Practice of the Year are the advice firms Announcer, NSW; Victoria-based Kearney Group Financial Services; and Queensland-based Robina Financial Services.
The finalists for this year's Female Excellence in Advice Award – which is presented in partnership with life insurer TAL – are Esther Althaus of Perspective Financial Services; Tricia Peters of PetersMcKeown; and Sharon Walker from NAB.
AFA chief executive Brad Fox said the standard of this year's nominees has been "outstanding".
"The financial advice community can be deservedly proud of the quality of advice being given in Australia," he said. "The grand finalists are, each in their own way, outstanding performers that exemplify the creation of client value through quality financial advice, service and professionalism."
The winners of the awards will be announced at this year's AFA National Adviser Conference in Cairns, from 25 to 27 October.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 25 May 2018‘Never been a better time’ for advice: MorningstarBy Killian Plastow
- 25 May 2018ASIC takes former AFSL director to courtBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Henderson Maxwell owner launches investigationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 25 May 2018CBA issues update on AUSTRAC proceedingsBy Reporter
- 25 May 2018Employers granted unpaid super amnestyBy Jessica Yun
- 25 May 2018Bernardi backs bank withdrawal from wealthBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all