CommInsure has appointed a former BT Financial Group executive as the head of annuities for its superannuation and investment business.
In a statement issued by CommInsure, the CBA-owned insurer said George Lytas has been appointed to the role.
Immediately prior to his appointment with CommInsure, Mr Lytas was acting head of general insurance for BT Financial Group.
Before joining BT in 2011, Mr Lytas held a number of roles with ING’s wealth management business, including head of product development.
He has also held a number of senior roles with AMP, Colonial and the Royal Sun Alliance Group.
Commenting on the appointment, CommInsure general manager of superannuation and investments Greg Ballard said Mr Lytas will “help drive growth” for its annuities business.
“George brings a wealth of knowledge in the development of retirement income solutions for the Australian market,” Mr Ballard said.
“He joins our business at a pivotal time in the industry where there is increasing demand for guaranteed retirement income products, such as annuities, which can help provide adequate savings in retirement,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all