CommInsure has appointed a former BT Financial Group executive as the head of annuities for its superannuation and investment business.
In a statement issued by CommInsure, the CBA-owned insurer said George Lytas has been appointed to the role.
Immediately prior to his appointment with CommInsure, Mr Lytas was acting head of general insurance for BT Financial Group.
Before joining BT in 2011, Mr Lytas held a number of roles with ING’s wealth management business, including head of product development.
He has also held a number of senior roles with AMP, Colonial and the Royal Sun Alliance Group.
Commenting on the appointment, CommInsure general manager of superannuation and investments Greg Ballard said Mr Lytas will “help drive growth” for its annuities business.
“George brings a wealth of knowledge in the development of retirement income solutions for the Australian market,” Mr Ballard said.
“He joins our business at a pivotal time in the industry where there is increasing demand for guaranteed retirement income products, such as annuities, which can help provide adequate savings in retirement,” he said.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 24 May 2018Suncorp Advice enters deal with MidwinterBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018ANZ dealer group boss jumps ship to Aus UnityBy Reporter
- 24 May 2018Elder abuse may stem from additional SMSF membersBy Miranda Brownlee
- 23 May 2018Trail commissions ban would create ‘bigger conflict’, says licenseeBy Killian Plastow
- 23 May 2018‘Shut it down’: CPA members rail against troubled advice armBy Aleks Vickovich and Jotham Lian
- 23 May 2018Labor heavyweight concedes industry fund hypocrisyBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- view all