Macquarie-owned licensee Risk Advice Specialists will be closed, with advisers now scrambling to find a new dealer group.
A Macquarie spokesperson has confirmed to Risk Adviser that the company has made the decision to close the dealer group after setting up the business in December 2011.
"Following a careful review of the market opportunity, a decision was made to close the Risk Advice Specialists offering and assist the small number of advisers to transition to another licensee," the spokesperson said.
"This does not impact any other Macquarie businesses and is not a core offering for Macquarie’s retail operations. Macquarie continues to offer life insurance to clients through our financial advice business and life insurance business."
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 19 Sep 2018McMaster: Where was ASIC on Beacon, CBA and AMP?By James Mitchell
- 18 Sep 2018Peter Kell resigns as deputy chair of ASICBy Eliot Hastie
- 18 Sep 2018Two former Macquarie advisers given 10-year banBy Adrian Flores
- 19 Sep 2018Raiz addresses Millennial advice gap with chatbotBy Reporter
- 18 Sep 2018FASEA a ‘disaster’ destroying the industry: AIOFPBy James Mitchell
- 19 Sep 2018Advisers granted statutory declaration rightsBy Adrian Flores
- view all