Macquarie-owned licensee Risk Advice Specialists will be closed, with advisers now scrambling to find a new dealer group.
A Macquarie spokesperson has confirmed to Risk Adviser that the company has made the decision to close the dealer group after setting up the business in December 2011.
"Following a careful review of the market opportunity, a decision was made to close the Risk Advice Specialists offering and assist the small number of advisers to transition to another licensee," the spokesperson said.
"This does not impact any other Macquarie businesses and is not a core offering for Macquarie’s retail operations. Macquarie continues to offer life insurance to clients through our financial advice business and life insurance business."
More to come.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC to undertake harsher penalties against banksBy Eliot Hastie
- 15 Feb 2019Court restrains unlicensed firm from operatingBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019ASIC used Dover whistleblowing to shut licensee downBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Minimal time spent on client engagement, survey findsBy Adrian Flores
- 15 Feb 2019Advice regtech aims to ease CPD burden under FASEABy Adrian Flores
- 14 Feb 2019AMP adviser network declined 4.6% in 2018By Adrian Flores
- view all