Zurich Australia has launched a new consumer-facing life insurance app to assist advisers in improving the financial literacy of their clients.
In a statement issued by the life insurer, Zurich said the app is in response to research it conducted which revealed a “significant gap” in consumers’ understanding of life insurance and other risk management mechanisms.
“The 2014 white paper, Australians and life insurance: misinformed, misinsured?, identified a deep lack of understanding amongst consumers around the different types of life insurance and their interaction with the NDIS, Centrelink and Workcover,” the statement said.
“Zurich commissioned the app after recognising the pivotal role financial advisers can and do play in improving financial literacy.
“The design of the app marries the interactive engagement benefits of mobile tablets with extensive research into effective learning styles,” it said.
Zurich's head of sales strategies and research for life insurance and investments, Andy Marshall, said technology has been designed to help close the financial literacy gap.
“By improving the extent to which customers understand the advice they have been given, they are more likely to appreciate the value of that advice and the value of the solutions recommended,” Mr Marshall said.
“In turn they are more likely to become an advocate for the power of expert, tailored advice."
Zurich added that the launch of the new app forms part of the company’s life insurance update, which it initiated on 1 March 2015.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Nov 2018Government sets $51m to pursue misconductBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018The financial advisers most people don’t read aboutBy James Mitchell
- 16 Nov 2018Clients expect advisers to understand their situationBy Eliot Hastie
- 16 Nov 2018Retirees hit hardest by franking credit changes, says FSCBy Sarah Simpkins
- 16 Nov 2018Trust in advice more important than everBy Stephanie Aikins
- 15 Nov 2018We’ll lose advisers through FASEA but it’s necessaryBy Adrian Flores
- view all