Newly-released research from Rice Warner suggests the four largest wholesale (group) insurers have consolidated their dominance of the group risk insurance market.
Rice Warner’s Wholesale Risk Insurance Report – released today – found that TAL, AIA Australia, CommInsure and MetLife have increased their collective market share from 67 per cent at June 2013 to 73 per cent at June 2014.
Rice Warner head of insurance Thierry Bareau said the findings indicate a “survival of the fittest” dynamic is becoming more prominent in the group risk market.
“The Wholesale Risk Insurance Report findings indicate that a fewer number of product manufacturers are competing in an intensive battle to deliver improved product design on less margin to a fewer number of superannuation funds,” Mr Bareau said.
The report also confirms declining profit margins despite the increasing market share.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Feb 2019ASIC probe finds widespread inappropriate advice at HSBCBy James Mitchell
- 20 Feb 2019IOOF profit up, advice margins downBy Sarah Simpkins
- 20 Feb 2019SMSF accountant enters EU with ASICBy Miranda Brownlee
- 20 Feb 2019Netwealth sees silver lining in Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019ASIC to ‘fully implement’ Hayne recommendationsBy James Mitchell
- 19 Feb 2019CFS hamstrung advisers as they left for DoverBy Adrian Flores
- view all