Newly-released research from Rice Warner suggests the four largest wholesale (group) insurers have consolidated their dominance of the group risk insurance market.
Rice Warner’s Wholesale Risk Insurance Report – released today – found that TAL, AIA Australia, CommInsure and MetLife have increased their collective market share from 67 per cent at June 2013 to 73 per cent at June 2014.
Rice Warner head of insurance Thierry Bareau said the findings indicate a “survival of the fittest” dynamic is becoming more prominent in the group risk market.
“The Wholesale Risk Insurance Report findings indicate that a fewer number of product manufacturers are competing in an intensive battle to deliver improved product design on less margin to a fewer number of superannuation funds,” Mr Bareau said.
The report also confirms declining profit margins despite the increasing market share.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 18 Oct 2018Aussies say royal commission won’t change their view of adviceBy James Mitchell
- 18 Oct 2018Hire younger advisers to get younger clients, paper suggestsBy Adrian Flores
- 18 Oct 2018Synchron launches app for adviser developmentBy Reporter
- 17 Oct 2018Private banking has no place for bad advisersBy Eliot Hastie
- 17 Oct 2018CBA admits failure to tackle conflicted adviceBy James Mitchell
- 16 Oct 2018NAB to address advice issues in $314m payoutBy Eliot Hastie
- view all