Newly-released research from Rice Warner suggests the four largest wholesale (group) insurers have consolidated their dominance of the group risk insurance market.
Rice Warner’s Wholesale Risk Insurance Report – released today – found that TAL, AIA Australia, CommInsure and MetLife have increased their collective market share from 67 per cent at June 2013 to 73 per cent at June 2014.
Rice Warner head of insurance Thierry Bareau said the findings indicate a “survival of the fittest” dynamic is becoming more prominent in the group risk market.
“The Wholesale Risk Insurance Report findings indicate that a fewer number of product manufacturers are competing in an intensive battle to deliver improved product design on less margin to a fewer number of superannuation funds,” Mr Bareau said.
The report also confirms declining profit margins despite the increasing market share.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Aug 2018IOOF creates new executive advice roleBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018RBA attacks ‘sales’ culture within financial servicesBy Reporter
- 20 Aug 2018Super members ‘readily’ taken advantage of: RCBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Grandfathering is not in consumers’ interests: KellBy Tim Stewart
- 17 Aug 2018Advisers can ‘professionalise’ clients’ philanthropyBy Lucy Dean and Killian Plastow
- 17 Aug 2018Standalone robo-advisers ‘will not attract’ HNW investorsBy Reporter
- view all