Five charities have received grants totalling $50,000 which will support grassroots community projects working to change the lives of disadvantaged young Australians.
Each grant recipient, selected from 42 applicants, will receive $10,000 endorsed by a local financial planning professional.
The recipients include BackTrack Youthworks (Armidale, NSW); Bridge Builders Ltd Youth Organisation (Lilydale, VIC); Save the Children Australia (East Melbourne, VIC); Southern Youth & Family Services Association (Wollongong, NSW); and Youth Opportunities Association (Somerton Park, SA).
Future2 chair and grants committee member Steve Helmich says the projects were chosen based on their potential to transform lives and the impact a grant might have on their successful execution.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all