Five charities have received grants totalling $50,000 which will support grassroots community projects working to change the lives of disadvantaged young Australians.
Each grant recipient, selected from 42 applicants, will receive $10,000 endorsed by a local financial planning professional.
The recipients include BackTrack Youthworks (Armidale, NSW); Bridge Builders Ltd Youth Organisation (Lilydale, VIC); Save the Children Australia (East Melbourne, VIC); Southern Youth & Family Services Association (Wollongong, NSW); and Youth Opportunities Association (Somerton Park, SA).
Future2 chair and grants committee member Steve Helmich says the projects were chosen based on their potential to transform lives and the impact a grant might have on their successful execution.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jun 2018FASEA names new chief executiveBy Reporter
- 20 Jun 2018Sexual harassment debate sparked in US advice industryBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018Dealer group to appear before royal commission’s fourth roundBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Jun 2018BT turns off grandfathered commissions for salaried advisersBy Killian Plastow
- 20 Jun 2018Product providers back Dover advisersBy Aleks Vickovich
- 19 Jun 2018Consultant calls for ‘restricted’ product adviceBy Tim Stewart
- view all