Sydney-based Quantum Financial Services has been nominated by the NSW Business Chamber as the Australian nominee for the 2013 International Business for Peace Award.
Quantum Financial principals Tim and Claire Mackay were nominated in recognition of their volunteer work, which sees 10 to 15 per cent of their working hours allocated to providing pro bono financial advice to needy and disadvantaged segments of the community.
The Mackays – both certified financial planners and chartered accountants, who between them hold degrees in commerce, economics, law and business administration – were previously awarded the Excellence in Business Ethics NSW State Award and were joint finalists in the NSW Leadership NSW State Award.
The Oslo-based Business for Peace Foundation states that “inspirational business leaders are identified by the global networks of the International Chamber of Commerce and the United Nations Development Program, in collaboration with the Business for Peace Foundation.”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Jul 2018CPA shuts financial advice divisionBy Reporter
- 20 Jul 2018Don't neglect AI, advisers warnedBy Tim Stewart
- 19 Jul 2018AMP unveils new in-house training programBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Self-licensed adviser cops 4-year ASIC banBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018Hub24 to launch new core offeringBy Reporter
- 19 Jul 2018SMSF sector warns about advice ‘exodus’By Miranda Brownlee
- view all