Mercer has appointed ex-Government Employees Superannuation Board’s (GESB’s) Michael Heffernan to the group’s financial advice team to provide greater support in Western Australia.
With GESB’s financial advice service recently closed, Heffernan’s appointment will help provide advice for Western Australian members in need of tailored financial advice.
Heffernan, an actuary and certified financial planner, is a former Mercer employee who left the company six years ago to establish GESB’s financial advice business.
He aims to use his more than 35 years of experience in financial services to protect Australian workers heading toward retirement.
In his new role, Heffernan will join Sam Clark and Gina Abuda, also former GESB financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 20 Oct 2017Parliamentary insurance group formedBy Staff Reporter
- 20 Oct 2017Treasurer introduces BEAR legislationBy Aleks Vickovich
- 20 Oct 2017Westpac to refund $65m to customersBy Annie Kane
- 20 Oct 2017Survey tips independent takeoverBy Aleks Vickovich and Jessica Yun
- 18 Oct 2017AFA suffers budget blowoutBy Killian Plastow
- 18 Oct 2017ISA ups ante on governance lobbyingBy Aleks Vickovich
- view all