Mercer has appointed ex-Government Employees Superannuation Board’s (GESB’s) Michael Heffernan to the group’s financial advice team to provide greater support in Western Australia.
With GESB’s financial advice service recently closed, Heffernan’s appointment will help provide advice for Western Australian members in need of tailored financial advice.
Heffernan, an actuary and certified financial planner, is a former Mercer employee who left the company six years ago to establish GESB’s financial advice business.
He aims to use his more than 35 years of experience in financial services to protect Australian workers heading toward retirement.
In his new role, Heffernan will join Sam Clark and Gina Abuda, also former GESB financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Aug 2017UBS appoints head of wholesale distributionBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017Formerly banned adviser to face further ASIC chargesBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Challenger announces ‘strategic relationship’ with Japanese insurerBy Staff Reporter
- 16 Aug 2017Income protection insurance launched for on-demand workersBy Staff Reporter
- 17 Aug 2017New evidence for self-licensing surgeBy Aleks Vickovich and Linda Santacruz
- 16 Aug 2017RegTech to reduce adviser misconductBy Aleks Vickovich and Larissa Waterson
- view all