Mercer has appointed ex-Government Employees Superannuation Board’s (GESB’s) Michael Heffernan to the group’s financial advice team to provide greater support in Western Australia.
With GESB’s financial advice service recently closed, Heffernan’s appointment will help provide advice for Western Australian members in need of tailored financial advice.
Heffernan, an actuary and certified financial planner, is a former Mercer employee who left the company six years ago to establish GESB’s financial advice business.
He aims to use his more than 35 years of experience in financial services to protect Australian workers heading toward retirement.
In his new role, Heffernan will join Sam Clark and Gina Abuda, also former GESB financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 17 Jul 2018Westpac drops SMSF loansBy Miranda Brownlee
- 17 Jul 2018MLC names Geoff Lloyd as CEOBy Reporter
- 17 Jul 2018Infocus makes two senior appointmentsBy Killian Plastow
- 17 Jul 2018Fitzpatricks appoints new CFOBy Reporter
- 16 Jul 2018Adviser incentives still valuable: ElixirBy Killian Plastow
- 16 Jul 2018Clients to benefit from commission ban: PollBy Killian Plastow
- view all