Mercer has appointed ex-Government Employees Superannuation Board’s (GESB’s) Michael Heffernan to the group’s financial advice team to provide greater support in Western Australia.
With GESB’s financial advice service recently closed, Heffernan’s appointment will help provide advice for Western Australian members in need of tailored financial advice.
Heffernan, an actuary and certified financial planner, is a former Mercer employee who left the company six years ago to establish GESB’s financial advice business.
He aims to use his more than 35 years of experience in financial services to protect Australian workers heading toward retirement.
In his new role, Heffernan will join Sam Clark and Gina Abuda, also former GESB financial advisers.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE IFA DAILY BULLETIN
- 16 Mar 2018CBA CEO pushed for FOFA extensionBy James Mitchell and Aleks Vickovich
- 16 Mar 2018CPA dealer group clashes with FASEA requirementsBy Katarina Taurian
- 16 Mar 2018NAB launches virtual assistant for superBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018IFA-focused platforms open to new strategiesBy Staff Reporter
- 15 Mar 2018Deakin eyes advisers to fill staff demandBy Killian Plastow
- 15 Mar 2018Adviser Innovation Summit 2018 agenda announcedBy Staff Reporter
- view all